Front End Engineer III
This opportunity is for a Front End Engineer III who will serve as a Front End Architect to multiple engineering teams for Audible's Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creates and powers Audible's website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible's market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
• Own and drive the overall front-end architecture and technical strategy for key user-facing solutions within our platform: envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
• Lead the design and implementation of key initiatives and major features from the front end client down through the underlying services powering it.
• Draw inspiration from the tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and apply these in a meaningful way within our software.
• Responsible for system design and support and mentoring of our full stack development team.
• Constantly strive to raise the bar on front-end engineering excellence and working to ensure high performance of our sites and accessibility of our content.
• Partner with business and technical leadership and a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
Back to top