Audible is looking for a talented individual to help us expand, innovate, and raise the public and internal customer profile of Audible Original content. We believe that Audible's audiobook franchise and ever-broader interest in listening to well-composed spoken words has achieved a scale and cultural tipping point that will allow Audible to dramatically grow the development content that is written specifically to the Audible format and listening aesthetic. This position reports to Editor-in-Chief, Audible Original Publishing.
• Drive the growth and elevate the quality of Audible original content that is specifically written for the audio format.
• Be a key part of a team of high-powered editors that will develop projects, and recruit and work with writers from across the profession to create remarkable Audible books, programs, and series.
• Use high business and creative judgment to make consistently good content investment decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business.
• Coordinate effectively among cross-functional teams, particularly Audible's audio.
• Significant experience acquiring and editing long form and book-length content.
• Demonstrated experience and success as a creative juggernaut who is excited about blazing a new trail as Audible continues its mission - to unleash the power of the spoken word.
• Possess a record of being a visionary with a focus on customer obsession. You delight in disrupting the status quo.
• Ability to lead in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment under aggressive deadlines and demonstrated success driving results from cross-functional team.
• Comfort using data analytics to drive business strategy.
• A passion for the narrative design and well-wrought prose and an equivalent passion for translating writing into powerful spoken words.
Back to top