Entry level Android Engineer
The Android Core group owns the core experience for Audible Android App. Audible customers spend most of their time with Audible on their apps. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places for their Android listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening Deployment on Android App; new technologies like adaptive live streaming; as well as driving a strong engineering culture with processes like A/B Testing.
This opportunity specifically is as a Software Development Engineer within the Audible Android group. The team is building customer facing UI for Audible Android application. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (5000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
• Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting
• Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon, and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
• Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
• Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations
Back to top