Director, Software Development - Personalization
- Newark, NJ
If you are an, experienced Software Development Manager with a creative edge, problem-solving skills, a software development foundation and desire and to be part of Audible's next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to deliver software that benefits many customers around the world.
The position requires an engineer with experience architecting, developing and supporting distributed & scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services with hands-on coding experience in modern object-oriented language. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
"Help customers discover relevant products by personalizing every interaction they have with Audible."
Audible P13N (Personalization) team's mission is to help customers discover relevant products by recommending the right product at the right place and the right time. Personalization is derived from purchase, consumption, social, location and behavioral data to create unique customer personas. The combination of various datasets enables the creation of new experiences that infer and recommend spoken word content our customers love.
Personalization's goal is to help early tenure members find their best first listen and assure that they continue listening past their second billing cycle. By providing relevant content recommendations -and a personalized discovery experience - we will improve retention rates and help non-habituated listeners stay longer.
• Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional projects spanning teams across Audible and Amazon.
• Drive development and operational excellence of our flagship solutions.
• Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
• Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
• Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.
Back to top