Director, Content Development and Acquisition
Audible, an Amazon company, is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. For years, Audible has been best known for delivering our customers the world's best selection of beautifully narrated audiobooks. We are now taking that same passion and energy to deliver an unmatched spoken word content offering including original drama, comedy, storytelling, periodicals, plays, lectures and more.
As Director, Content Development and Acquisition, you will help Audible develop an acquisition plan for spoken-word content and audio rights with content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, publishers and other rights holders throughout the UK, to bolster the content offering that Audible provides its customers. You will lead a team that specializes in complex deal making with top IP, manages top providers, explores international audio opportunities for Audible globally, manages our flow of content from signature to on-site placement, and signs top content for the business.
• Research & identify potential content partners throughout the UK, leveraging past relationships and resources to push the boundaries of audio creation
• Structure, initiate and complete negotiations with content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, publishers and business development partners
• Manage a team to acquire multiple streams of content within the UK, as well as globally
• Negotiate high-value deals with existing providers in the UK, maintaining good working relationships
• Oversee and approve royalty statements for top providers
• Coordinate closely with members of the Content Development and Acquisition department, and other areas of Audible, to maintain consistency in licensor communications
• Liaise effectively with production, metadata, legal, finance, etc. to make sure the content is processing on schedule
Back to top