VTC Engineer II (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The Communications Engineer II will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for point-to-point and multi-point VTC capabilities to supported personnel using Polycom MGC MCUs and RMX MCUs GFE. In addition to traditional VTC support, such as meetings, training and broadcast messages, The Communications Engineer II plays a critical role in Enforcement and Removal Operations whereby the U.S. Department of Justice and Executive Office for Immigration Review conduct hearings via the VTC system.
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Service-oriented work ethic.
- Team leadership and strong responsibility.
- Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all management levels.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor, often under stress.
- Flexibility to support dynamic mission priorities.
- Ability to pass DHS/ICE Background Investigation
- Serve as site lead with the responsibility of training and mentoring team members.
- Complete single engineer technology assignments.
- Respond to end-user service requests.
- Manage IT Service Requests and Change Requests for all technologies and processes.
- Test, deploy and maintain operability of all associated VTC assets.
- Support shiftwork, on-call schedules during off-hours, holidays, and emergencies.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer, telecommunications or related field.
- Equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience, troubleshooting/documenting, on a wide variety of servers, desktops and networking / telecommunication technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures, including VTC, switching, routing, DNS, Firewall, etc.
- IPv4, IPv6 and ITU E.164 addressing experience.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge in Network Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Proficient in various voice communications, applications, servers, operating systems, etc.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
DHS/ICE Background Investigation (#none)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
Back to top