Staff UX Designer, Austin
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will promote new process innovation within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates irresistible experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As a UX designer, you will:
· Use your UX chops to design (and redesign) a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
· Use storytelling, UX, and prototypes to compellingly convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing.
· Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your designs.
· Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to get your designs into production.
· Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
· Support the organization and facilitation of design workshops with clients and partners as needed.
About AT&T The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.
At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize all differences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religion to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
Required Experience & Characteristics:
· 1-3 years interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media.
· Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred.
· Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping. Must be very comfortable with graphic design and interactive tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc. (And have the drive to always learn and experiment with new tools.)
· Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, machine learning, mobile applications, web applications, messaging interfaces, illustration, video/film production.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
· Systems Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
· Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you're great fun to work with.
· Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Location: This position is located in Austin.
Application requirements and instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top