Training Developer - (Government Support)
Job Description: Analyzes internal and external IT/IM customer needs. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems.
Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Performs process and data modeling in support of the IT/IM planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools. Applies reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop strategic and planning documents. Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional forms of knowledge transfer. Constructs sound, logical business improvement opportunities consistent with corporate Information Management guiding principles, cost savings, and system architecture objectives. Key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of reengineering efforts.
- Analyze new hardware and software to determine their need or application in the existing or proposed system
- Advise on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities - taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements and makes trade-off analyses
- Review documentation, describing system specifications and operating instructions, and revise existing processes and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements and storage.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on systemprinciples.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performanceindicators.
- Recommend new equipment or software packages.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
- Supervise computer programmers or other systems analysts or serve as project leaders for particular systems projects.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Specify inputs accessed by the system and plan the distribution and use of the results.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly.
Desired: 8570 Certification
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top