Tier III Network Operations SME (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier III Network Operations SME - To Oversee all Tier 3 support to the Network Operations Center (NOC). Supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Supervises network monitoring to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Maintains network hardware and software. Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them. Provides support of numerous business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video). Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP.
Some of the tasks are as follows:
- Manages T3 operations staff priorities and performance aligned to organization SLA and KPI
- Mentors direct and indirect reports
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Perform a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitor security posture of the network, and report suspected violations to designated authority
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Ensure customer systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, customer reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application
Certifications: Cisco CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Work to be performed in Mclean, VA
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top