Tier II Technicians (Government)
- King of Prussia, PA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Technician - To support the NRO's computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Tier 2 network field technician will support the installation and maintenance of the client's LAN/WAN devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Bachelor's and 3 years of experience OR Associates and 5 years OR HS and 7 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
- 8570 Certification
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar ITSM products.
Back to top