Tier 3 Voice Engineer (Duluth)
Don't miss this opportunity to join the company recognized by Fortune magazine as the World's Most Admired Telecommunications Company and ranked #4 on DiversityInc's list of 2011 Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
You don't have to be a tech whiz to join AT&T. It takes more than technology to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our teams of legal/operations, marketing and finance whizzes, we do just that. Every day, each works to ensure the success of the company while they advance their own careers.
What does it take to join us? We demand exceptional skills in your discipline and a real dedication to being the best.
After all, we're asked to keep AT&T profitable and on the cutting edge, and at the same time, build on more than a century of innovation and success. We are a world leader in communications and entertainment, and we plan to keep on growing.
Job Description: Responsibilities Include:
• Maintaining data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
• Investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance;
• Researches, analyzes, isolates and resolving errors;
• Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
• Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
• Answers technical questions; recommends and Implementing approved course of action.
• Installing network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolving problems.
• Designs, Implementing and Maintaining various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
• Preparing data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Performing data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
• Serves as a role model to less experienced personnel.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as VoIP switches, VoIP gateways and Session Border Controllers, firewalls, switches, routers, and cabling, Must have demonstrated experience with Cisco Unified Communication Manager and networking.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required with preference given to CCNP Collaboration or CCNP Routing and Switching. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top