Tier 2 NOC Engineer - Expert (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier 2 NOC Engineer - To support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing Tier 2 network monitoring and service.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 2 support to an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Apply software, hardware, and standard information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Required Qualifications/Certifications: Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, and LDP.
All personnel work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts available include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am
Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate's and 10 years, a Bachelors' and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of relevant work history.
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top