Tier 1 NOC Technician - B (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier 1 NOC Technician to support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing Tier 1 network monitoring and service.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements
TS/SCI with Poly (#polygraph); This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, and LDP.
- This position requires all personnel to work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts available include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
- Candidate must have a total of 7 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 7 years of relevant work history OR an Associate's and 5 years, a Bachelors' and 3 years, a Masters and 1 years or a PhD and 0 years of relevant work history
Preferred network certifications Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Pradeep M.Data Scientist
Pradeep works in the mobility organization, which is tasked with ensuring customers have a good experience while using their mobile phone and the AT&T network.
Back to top