Telephone Switch Engineer (Government)
- Albuquerque, NM
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Department of Energy Team supports the Agency's national efforts to manage the countries energy resources. Our support of Sandia Labs includes all aspects of IT system and network security measures to ensure the site operates securely and efficiently.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephone Switch Engineer to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- Installs, performs routine maintenance, analyzes defects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains complex equipment such as switching systems, circuit equipment, network terminal equipment, and data/digital equipment by using electrical and or electronic measuring devices
- Updates work and maintenance logs
- Utilizes knowledge of general input and analysis of telephone switch translations
- Runs diagnostic tests, programs, analyzes defects and/or tests various types of telephone switching equipment such as 5ESS and Avaya
- Uses various types of testing devices. E.g. volt-ohm meters, spectrum analyzer, digital communications, data analyzers, etc. Utilizes customer's ticketing system to track and update all work
- Interface, assist, and work with the Telephone and Network Operational/Project Manager to help ensure all wired telecommunication functional areas under the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing, Wired Support work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards
- Interface, assist, and work with all staff assigned to the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards
- Track all projects using MS Project and report project risks and discrepancies to the Project Manager
- Manage the work of all jobs under the Wired Support pillar
- Deliver monthly reports to the Telephone and Network management chain
Active DOE Q
- Four (4) years' experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or Six (6) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in Avaya voice technologies with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of Avaya Aura and Call Center Elite applications preferred.
- Avaya Certification
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
Back to top