Telecom Drafter (Government)
- Albuquerque, NM
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Department of Energy Team supports the Agency's national efforts to manage the countries energy resources. Our support of Sandia Labs includes all aspects of IT system and network security measures to ensure the site operates securely and efficiently.
AT&T has an opening for a Telecom Drafter to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- Develop engineering drawings, using computer-based drawing packages such as Aptitude for site plans and Telecommunication Infrastructure Designer projects.
- Maintains all current records of capacity and capability for the outside cable plant and assists in planning future expansions.
- Develop and implement cable management database, track databases to ensure accuracy, remove drop box numbers from appropriate database(s) when drop boxes are, physically removed from the plant.
- Assign cable names and track cable resources, consolidate other sources of cable documentation into one formal database.
- Create and coordinate projects to allocate or retrieve resources, develop, implement, and maintain procedures, and contribute to process development.
- Document work performed (including issues) in ticket work flow log prior to closing the ticket or transitioning work to another team.
Active DOE L with Ability to Achieve Q
- Two (2) years' experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or Three (3) years of experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in drafting solutions for Federal Agencies.
- Demonstrated communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer drafting software used to design Telecom networks.
- Drafting certification with any computer aided drafting software
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top