Technical Writer (Government)
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues and working with managers to discuss technical problems.
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly.
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages.
- Works with colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements.
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary.
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines.
- Specializes in technical writing for one in the Information Technology (IT) industry.
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments.
Minimum 5 years' experience working a fast paced IT environment. Ability to explain concepts clearly, plan and organize. Knowledge of software and computers. Attention to detail. Multitasking and ability to work under pressure. Excellent writing, communication and briefing skills.
Desired: Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI (Eligibility)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top