Technical Program Manager (Government)
- El Segundo, CA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
AT&T has an opening for a Technical Program Manager - Space Situational Awareness (SSA) / Space Battle position, who has both the management and technical skills necessary in leading and participating in the multidisciplinary modeling, simulation, detailed analyses of complex ground and space architectures and in depth experience conducting space systems modeling, simulation, and analyses.
- Program Management: at least the last 5 years managing small to mid-size programs (~1-2 M$ budget), both from the programmatic (budget, scope, risk, etc.) as well as the functional (program staffing, conducting team member reviews etc.) to the technical (overseeing technical activities, mentoring, etc.)
- Technical Leadership: at least 10 years providing technical leadership on a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Multidisciplinary modeling: possess the ability to integrate knowledge of mechanics, optics, astrodynamics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, statistics, into an cohesive end-to-end model
- Algorithm development & Implementation: able to devise / identify / implement sophisticated algorithms to obtain / optimize solutions in large-dimensional problem spaces (e.g., traveling salesman, sequential Monte Carlo methods, genetic algorithms, linear programing methods) etc.
- Possess strong general problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Expert MATLAB user
- Have good communications skills and ability to work in a collaborative team development environment
- At least 5 years' recent program management experience
- At least 10-15 years' experience performing multidisciplinary modeling, simulation, and analysis of complex systems
Applicant must have a technical degree (BS, MS, PhD) in aerospace engineering, physics, applied math, or a related discipline
Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance mandatory(#topsecret). Meeting the customer's security requirements is mandatory for this position
Desired Education and Skills:
- PhD or Master's degree is preferred for this role.
- Formal training in program/project management (e.g., PMP certification and/or coursework)
- Specialized knowledge of one or more of the following is also a plus: optics, radar, lasers, satellite communications and jamming, rendezvous and proximity operations, space object characterization/identification, kinetic ASATs, network modeling and cyber threats, intelligence analysis, spacecraft design, battle management command and control, radar systems engineering, electro-optical systems modeling, experience coding C++ and/or Python simulation languages, experience using STK software
Back to top