Technical Lead Program Architecture (Government)
AT&T is seeking a candidate to fill a Program Architect Key position for a forthcoming Network Managed Services contract for an Intelligence Community customer. This Key role is a working leader, overseeing a team of technology professionals (network, IT, SW engineers) to provide network professional services for a global WAN/CAN/LAN program.
The Program Architect collaborates with critical stakeholders to understand business needs, priority, and the quality of services to be created or enhanced within the network. They lead and/or participate in efforts to develop new network services; upgrade/update existing services; or introduce new tactics, techniques or procedures to improve or correct deficiencies in the CAN/WAN/LAN throughout the entire project lifecycle, including teaming with leading Network HW/SW vendors to provide the most efficient, cost effective, and scalable solution. They drive solutions to be compliant with Target State Architecture as well as ensuring security, scalability, resiliency, and performance are within Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and eventually, meet stated Service Level Agreements (SLA). They will make network design choices, perform Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)/trade studies using Modeling & Simulation SW; dictate technical standards, tools and platforms; develop technical roadmaps for future implementations; and perform Network requirements/ interface definition, requirements validation and verification. The Program Architect provides prioritization, technical direction, and clarification to development teams and engineering personnel; works closely with internal program and external organizations to develop a strategic roadmap to recommend and implement new services; and is responsible for preparing for and gaining approval of all required program architecture reviews. They are responsible for discovering and identifying bottleneck gaps such as manual flows that can hinder the services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution, design, and construction phase. They drive research and standardization of platform components that make up the building blocks from which applications and services are constructed.
Position is in Northern Virginia and may require travel to both CONUS and OCONUS customer and AT&T locations.
- Technical Lead for the Service Level Management strategy and program architecture that aligns with the Customer's Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) model
- Perform network assessments and design, architect, and manage network infrastructure that best supports program initiatives
- Responsible for designing and building evaluation environments and labs. Researches and evaluates new technologies and solutions.
- Assists in the evaluation of hardware and software; maintain relationships with key technology vendors and industry analysts
- Ability to perform advanced network related troubleshooting
- Leads cross-functional teams to define technical solutions
- Investigates and resolves network incident tickets as required
- Develops Architecture documents, network designs, roadmaps, execution plans
- Works with the operations team to upgrade outdated appliances, systems and servers. Lead and plan future upgrades and maintenances
- Define, document and communicate network infrastructure technology topologies and changes
- Oversee critical areas such as security and audit related matters in addition to help manage the strategic technology landscape; maintain network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Participate in strategic sourcing process for acquiring Infrastructure technology and infrastructure services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in budgeting, cap-ex planning, maintaining contracts, and negotiations with vendors and service providers
- Performs supervisory duties for assigned engineering staff
- Attends technical exchange meetings with team and program personnel. Represents the program engineering, risk or other review boards, both internally and with the customer.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field (STEM). At least 10 year of IT/Engineering experience with Telecommunications/Networking in a commercial or classified environment, with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity. Current relevant experience with IT services and Service-Oriented Architecture/Infrastructure (SONSOI) of similar size, scope, and complexity. Demonstrated knowledge in leading ITIL based Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations, and Continual Service Improvement.
- Must be able to establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress; follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends; proficient at understanding and analyzing program financial data; skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives..
- Strong working knowledge of system and software architecture principles, as well as Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to perform in a multi-customer setting with both Government and Industry Engineers/Leadership personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Required Clearance: An active, current Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI access (TS/SCI). A Polygraph is preferred and required for this position. Applicants selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship is required.
Desired: Advanced STEM degree and certifications (IT process improvement and/or capability frameworks e.g. ITIL 3, COBIT, ISO, DoD 8570.1M IAM Level II certification), System and Network Architectures such as DODAF). Current or prior experience and/or relationships within the IC community including NRO and NGA customer space. Experience working with cross functional and global teams.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top