Systems Engineer (Government)
• Provide implementation, configuration, deployment and ongoing support of the VMware vSphere server infrastructure hosting enterprise applications
- Provide management of multi-host environment through the use of vCenter (Windows installation and deployable appliance), including host and data store clustering, DRS implementation and HA configuration
- Oversee installation, upgrade, and patching of the program systems and products
- Create hardware independent images, capturing .wim files for deployment, creating ISO's for offline deployments of Host Based Security System (HBSS) solutions
- Create and maintain scripts for automation build and security lockdown steps supporting build process
- STIG, patch, and configure Windows and Red Had Linux Server operating system and install applications
- Experience writing technical documentation such as install and configuration guides
- Participate in regular meetings with the engineering teams and stakeholders to provide technical guidance.
- Demonstrated track record for administering lab environments and application engineering
- Proficient level of ability to administer Windows and Linux platforms. Including Windows Server 2008 or newer, Windows 7 or newer, RHEL 5 or 6, Ubuntu Enterprise or similar flavors.
- Computer image creation, testing, and management, sysprep, software management, understanding of licensing and license compliance. \
- Experience installing, configuration, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer. Experience writing SQL data manipulation language (DML) and proficient understanding of relational data structures and organization within MS SQL Server.
- Proficient technical skills in various editions of ESXi/vSphere platform (e.g. .5.x, and 6.x) to manage virtual machine (VM) clones and snapshots to systematically progress through tasks to establish potential roll back points.
- Scripting background - PowerShell, C#, Visual basic scripting, or others.
- Experience applying STIGs to servers (MS Server 2008 or better, MS SQL Server 2008 or better) and applications
- General knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Strong organizational, innovative, verbal, and written communication skills
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 5 years IT experience with 3 years System Administration OR 3 years Operational IA (Intel HBSS, ACAS solutions)
- IAT Level II Certification (DoD 8570.01) - e.g. CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301 or SY0-401)
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Required Clearance: Active Secret with eligibility for TS
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1666687
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top