System Engineer (Video Streaming)
AT&T Mobility & Entertainment Group is looking to recruit a self-motivated, Video Streaming Engineer to join the Digital Video Design group. This department is responsible for the technical design, assurance and optimization of AM&Es video and audio processing platforms. This includes picture quality assessment of SD, HD, 4K UltraHD broadcast video and file-based encoders, acceptance of equipment and the specification of its configuration to ensure the optimal delivery of existing and new services to our broadcast and OTT viewers.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in the field of science, engineering or computing. Specific knowledge or experience of video and audio compression systems and associated systems engineering will be highly desirable.
The Digital Video Design group is based in Los Angeles and the team works closely with a wide range of key technology companies, as well as all the major movie studios, to conduct research and develop practical solutions across a range of technologies relevant to the media industry.
- Help troubleshoot streaming content issues.
- Develop, implement and enhance algorithms for video streaming.
- Investigate best-practices and new technologies for improving OTT services.
- Develop, setup, and perform test suites for Video Streaming. Analyze and report test results.
- Perform competitive analysis for AT&T and major streaming services.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's (preferred) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar relevant science or engineering subject.
- 5+ years' experience in video streaming and deep knowledge of Adaptive bit rate streaming technologies (especially HLS and DASH).
- Knowledge of/experience with ABR player.
- Deep grasp of Network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP, and network protocol analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of digital audio and video formats.
- Self-motivated and curious to learn, question validity of results and explain anomalies in test results.
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications
- Knowledge of digital video and audio compression techniques used in MPEG standards such as H.264/AVC, HEVC and AAC.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as MATLAB.
- Familiarity with/knowledge of cloud technologies to enable cloud-based testing.
- Knowledge of Media container formats such as MP4 and MPEG-2 TS.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top