System Admin-East (Westfields)
Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. Plan and implement system upgrades. Design, test, and inspect the NRO's computer data communications systems.
These systems include physical servers, virtual machines, operating systems, and storage resources to implement a network management system consolidation solution. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through modeling and planning.
- Adjust system sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Coordinate system operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Determine specific hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, or performance.
- Develop and implement solutions for system problems.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical system designs.
- Develop procedures to track and report system availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Develop or recommend system security policies and procedures.
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects.
- Evaluate system designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze system performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Participate in technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
- Prepare detailed specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address system maintenance issues.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment.
- Coordinate design activities with designers of associated systems
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for staff and suppliers.
- Develop documentation.
- Explain design specifications to integration or test engineers.
- Develop plans or budgets for computing equipment replacement.
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly or able to obtain CI Poly. Or Active TS upgradable to TS/SCI.
Desired: 8570 Certification
Back to top