Strategic Initiatives Senior Consultant
At AT&T we are redefining entertainment and driving innovation forward across our business and our industry. With an entrepreneurial approach and a focus on high-impact projects, our consulting teams lead strategic projects, restructure deals and provide critical negotiation support. There is no better time to be a part of our Global Supply Chain team, launching your future at the forefront of strategy development.
As a member of the
Global Supply Chain Strategic Initiatives team, you will utilize your strategic abilities to provide actionable recommendations to the leaders of AT&T’s Global Supply Chain. You’ll have the opportunity to help internal clients implement innovative solutions and best practices throughout AT&T’s sourcing processes, synthesizing facts and data from wide-ranging sources into tools and models used on the front lines of billions of dollars’ worth of negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Supply Chain
- Typically 3-5 years of related experience
- Strategic mindset and strong analytical skills:
- Problem Solving: Aptitude to quickly understand and apply economic/business principles, recognize subtleties of complex problems, and develop innovative solutions driven or supported by data
- Modeling: Ability to work with multiple sources of (often finance-related) data, integrating fact-bases and assumptions in order to develop complex financial and operational models
- Technical: Advanced experience working with Microsoft Excel (VBA preferred; ability with pivot tables, arrays, and nested-formulas strongly desired) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project Management experience:
- Effective communication skills
- Comfortable and effective in working in teams and across functional groups that vary from fundamentally technical to non-technical
- Demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering against tight deadlines
- Superior negotiation and persuasion skills
- MBA preferred; or, advanced degree Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar
- Background in the telecommunications or high-technology industries
- Background in consulting, investment banking, commodities trading, or another highly strategic/analytical role
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Access, R, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Practical experience building financial, statistical, and other analytical models to evaluate complex data
- Software development experience
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical engineering concepts
- Experience reverse engineering hardware or firmware; software sizing or code estimation
- Experience managing relationships and interacting with various vendors active in the telecommunications space
- Previous experience managing teams of cross-functional high-aptitude professionals
Are you ready to be the future? Apply today!
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1654081
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top