Sr UX Designer
- Austin, TX
- Open to remote *
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new experiences within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates irresistible experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As a Lead User Experience Designer, you will:
• Use your combo of design skills and leadership qualities to design (and redesign) a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T. Projects may range from customer-facing websites and mobile apps to internal, employee-facing tools.
• Serve as the creative point-of-contact and project lead for UX design projects, collaborating with teammates and internal sponsors to guide the projects' activities, strategy, and timeline.
• Use storytelling, UX, and prototypes to compellingly convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing.
• Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other internal teams to generate ideas and get feedback on your designs.
• Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to get your designs into production.
• Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
• Help to lead, organize, and facilitate design workshops with clients and partners as needed.
• Be a mentor for our growing team of junior UX designers.
Required Experience & Characteristics:
•6+ years of interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media (or equivalent experience).
•Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred.
•Strong portfolio of design and UX work. A track record of leading design projects.
•Comfortable in a client-facing role.
•Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping. Must be very comfortable with graphic design and interactive tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc. (And have the drive to always learn and experiment with new tools.)
•Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, machine learning, mobile applications, web applications, messaging interfaces, illustration, video/film production.
•Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to help us build the culture of our new team, comfortable being proactive and taking the lead on projects and eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
•Systems Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
•Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you're great fun to work with.
•Leadership + Communication: You have excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Locations: Our studios are in Austin and Dallas, TX. In our social-distanced world, remote locations are a-ok. Long-term, we'd like to build our critical mass in Texas.
Application requirements and instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio
Back to top