Sr. Technical Specialist, Network Deisgn
The purpose of the role is to provide network architecture, design, and engineering services. The role requires the resource to interact directly with the client IT organization to drive network architecture and standards, network designs, and detailed project configurations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The primary deliverables for the job include the development of network designs and configurations related the client Data Centers. The network project documentation encompasses project requirements, designs (detailed device configurations, drawings), implementation plans, and testing plans. The role also includes supporting network implementations and interfacing with the business unit clients to develop project requirements.
Key Competencies and Skills:
1) 12+ Years LAN/WAN Design and Implementation with a focus on Data Centers
2) 12+ Years with Cisco Switches and Routers
3) Cisco Nexus expertise (5xxx, 7xxx)
4) Strong customer interaction skills (verbal and written)
5) 10+ Years of experience in troubleshooting escalated network issues
6) Experience developing network standards and direction
7) Experience with network security elements including firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc.
8) Strong understanding of ITIL processes including Change Management
1) Experience with configuration of Cisco CSS and F5 Load Balancers
2) Understanding of Cisco Intrusion Detection
3) Experience with Cisco ASA and Checkpoint Firewalls
Education and Qualifications:
B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree
Cisco CCNP/CCDP required with a preference for CCIE
Back to top