Sr Principal System Architect (Big Data)
This role will focus on Big Data while providing support to our overall Entertainment group data practice and work in partnership with multiple domain architects, development and implementation teams. As a part of the team, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing new capabilities, features across multiple projects in our organization. We are looking for a candidate who seeks big challenges as part of a strong agile team, who has great collaboration skills, and who has an ability to deliver well thought out technology solutions to entertainment business problems.
- Work with domain architects, scrum team architects , product owners, data scientists and big data development / test engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Work with the data science delivery lead, Operations, product owners and business stakeholders to create the team's backlog
- Create / maintain a data architecture roadmap that maintains the integrity of our big data practice and satisfies the business need to fast value delivery
- Engage with all teams in a collaborative environment
- Architect, design, deliver, test, and troubleshoot complex data implementations
- Work with domain architects to improve data strategy, quality and governance
- Guide, mentor and influence architectural direction and principles adoption
- Work closely with both business and external users to quickly deliver high-quality applications
- Work collaboratively with our business leaders to drive adoption of our solutions
- Mentor and develop junior architects in emerging (data architecture) technology areas
- 2-5 years' of experience in Big Data, data science, machine learning
- 5+ years' experience in Database Administration, Design and Development
- 10+ years' experience in Software Architecture
- Cloud - private/hybrid/public, Big Data (Hortonworks) ecosystems
- Experience in AWS managed services for data ingestion, processing
- Experience in designing big data lake for data integration from enterprise wide applications/systems
- Experience with various ingestion patterns for large data sets Experience with Open Source and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra) at an Enterprise level
- Experience with various visualization tools such as Tableau , Microstrategy
- Lambda architecture for ingestion including real-time streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL design and data processing mechanisms
- Knowledge about data replication, data masking, and performance factors, etc.
- Ability to present the potential business impacts , calculate ROI for certain use case realization
- Ability to formulate solution to handle a new situation presented related to integrating various disparate systems to Warehouse
- Ability to combine strong analytical and technical skills with business skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience in preparing business case evaluations and preparing financial analysis of solutions
- Contribute SME skills to enterprise governance and develop emerging technology solutions for enterprise adoption.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- D atabase specific qualifications or certifications
- Experience with: Java, Python, Node.JS, RESTful Services, Hadoop, Spark, Linux, Hive, Kafka, Cassandra, Hbase, OpenTSDB, Tableau, Microstrategy
- Certified Scrum Master(CSM)
- Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent experience)
- Degree in computer science/software engineering and/or equivalent work experience
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top