Sr Oracle Fusion Engineer
AT&T Is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we'd say we're well on our way. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow.
The Software Engineer, Oracle Fusion will be located El Segundo Office, this position reports to the Development Manager, Platform Services Development and is responsible for developing a software components that power our applications used to transcode commercial advertisements for various target destinations (STB, mobile and online video apps).
In this role you will
- Work with the product management team to elaborate epics into user stories and provide accurate estimates
- Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers and other developers
- Produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
- Refactor code to increase operating effici ency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
- Assist QA and production operation teams after the software is released.
- Provide support as requested or needed for Production incidents and
- Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
- Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A creative thinker and experienced problem solver with a hunger for knowledge.
- A strong technical ego-less team player who can work well within a pre-existing team structure
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software
- Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
- Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure.
- Experience utilizing SOA-based middleware platform Oracle's Fusion Middleware concepts like BPEL, BPM & DAS.
- Experience with Oracle DB concepts like SQL, SQL tuning, PLSQL - functions & procedures
- Human interface design and usability experience
- Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
- Solid experience with REST & SOAP Web Services, JDBC, SQL, threading, JSP , Hibernate, Struts, Unix/Linux, Oracle DB
- Proficient in the use of SCM tools (GIT, SVN, Maven, Jenkins), best practices and continuous integration.
- Extensive knowledge of UI framework/MVC pattern utilizing JQuery, CanJS, Bootstrap, Swagger, Backbone, Struts, JSF, Spring, Spring MVC
- Experience with database design, SOA - BPEL/BPM, ESB, caching, JMS, XML, XSD, and XSLT
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top