AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Security Engineer to perform maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs services to enable security aspects of the network to include provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of network and security-related hardware and software These include firewalls, routers, switches, network monitoring tools, and Virtual Private Networks. Analyzes network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of network configurations.
- Perform site surveys, system installations, configuration management, maintenance, modernization, and sustainment of a global Enterprise Network.
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load balancing, VPN's, firewall contexts, and Network Address Translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Resolves complex or novel network problems, creating new procedures and documents as needed. Escalating to vendors for problem resolution as Network SME.
- Provide program wide guidance for implementation of new technologies, architectures, procedures.
- Monitor and log security concerns and incidents, generate reports and track performance.
- Provide escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 network technical support.
- Determines maintenance routines and develops standard guidance for the program-based security and policy requirements.
- Assess security vulnerabilities of network infrastructure and recommend mitigations.
- Configure and install network devices with Layer 2/3 functionality, including switches, routers, VPNs and Firewalls.
- Develop standard configuration templates and implement automation for wide scale deployment using Network Management Tools.
Required Qualifications:Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.