Sr Member of Technical Staff- Entry Level Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
In AT&T Labs we envision and create cutting edge technologies that will revolutionize how networks and new services are architected, developed and managed. Our architects and engineers have a unique combination of access to real-world network, system and services, the ability to work with collaborators across the industry, opportunity to create the next generation network that will impact hundreds of millions of consumers and some of the largest corporations in the world.
AT&T is currently embarking on a transformative initiative towards intelligent services by leveraging cloud technologies and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This modern architecture will simplify and scale AT&T's network to help support the continued growth of Internet traffic, enable rapid deployment of an advanced cutting-edge features and services, provide industry leading security, performance and reliability. This transformation opens up exciting opportunities for architects, systems engineers, software developers, network engineers to envision how to design, build and manage at scale the next generation network and systems.
We are looking for exceptional entry level to join the Architecture, Design and Advanced Software Development Team. Some specific areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Network Virtualization (NV)
- SDN and application/VNF Controllers
- Cloud Computing
- Design and management for SDN and Cloud environments
- Open source software
- Commodity hardware design for servers and network switches
- Cross layer analytics ensuring that services are designed to make efficient use of resources and autonomously managed using closed loop controls
- Agile Development
- Advanced software development for platform and service orchestrators
- Openstack and VMWare
- Hypervisors and related technologies
- Overlay/underlay networks
- Bachelors degree or higher degree such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering from an accredited university.
- Preferred Masters Degree in above mentioned disciplines
- Internships or class work that demonstrates a passion in new or recent technologies
- Location is Middletown, NJ
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top