Sr. Data Analyst
AT&T - Data Scientist
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
AT&T is seeking a data scientist to partner with Entertainment Operations, Product and Engineering teams to build better data capabilities and dig into analysis around the usage and performance of our linear and streaming video experience.
In this role, your objective is to drive understanding and insight by analyzing our current product and user experience. You will work closely with our leadership team to understand analytic needs and communicate insights to the broader organization.
- Solve challenging problems regarding our video platforms by transforming raw data into action driven analysis.
- Report these insights by building rich, high-visibility reports/dashboards/tools used by our direct stakeholders, senior management and a diverse set of teams across the organization.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, requirements/KPI specifications, processing, statistical analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations.
- Build statistical models to understand our customers network experience and predict/prevent failures at our broadcast centers to reduce outages.
- Make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, hypothesis testing, optimization) with actionable findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- 3-5 years related experience in advanced analytics, big data, relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing.
- You have excellent communication skills to present findings to both a technical and non-technical audience, and can manage stakeholder priorities directly.
- You have a thorough understanding of statistics, customer segmentation, machine learning, and implementing models in a production environment.
- You have experience in a data-driven environment designing and building metrics-focused deliverables, in a technical, consumer-facing and/or mobile technology business
- Strong understanding of SQL to manipulate data and/or other big data querying languages
- You have experience with analytical packages such as R or Python and at least one analytic reporting platform (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.) or data visualization libraries (ggplot, Highcharts, D3.js, etc.)
- You have working knowledge of ETL and data warehousing concepts, or have experience with ETL tools like (Matillion, Alteryx, Knime, etc..)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, etc.)
Understanding of media domain, content, and/or streaming business model
Back to top