Solutions Architect (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The Solution Architect will serve on customer premises as the program technical lead and SME with responsibilities including solution architecture and design engineering functions (85+%) as well as lead technical responses for Requests for Proposals (15%) for classified support to a National Security customer. Candidate will serve as a Solution Architect to be responsible for shaping the client's vision/strategy and the development of highly advanced leading-edge technology solutions and concepts.
- Create elegant yet practical designs and solutions for complex integrated environments (85+%).
- Responsible for leading technical responses to customer Requests for Proposals (15%).
- Work in collaboration with other AT&T matrixed staff.
- Responsibility for the end to end information technology architecture of total enterprise-wide system solutions to include: elements of customer requirements gathering, translation of business needs into technical system solutions, architectural design, testing, implementation, documentation and supportability.
- Utilize the industry's best engineering practices, standards and guidelines with an underlying focus on network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develop designs that will integrate systems across technology layers and multiple platforms such as: new and emerging application software, networking layers, operating systems, peripherals, storage, Cloud, backup server platforms, desktop environments, databases, middleware, monitoring tools and security.
- Regularly leads the technical assessment, solution quality and delivery of a specific technical architecture solution to the customer and executive leadership.
- Translate customer requirements and requests into architecture solutions followed by high-level or detailed designs as required. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using best engineering practices utilizing various industry products and technologies.
- Coordinates or leads the transition or transformation from existing to new network and telecommunications design solutions.
- Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network and telecommunications systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry).
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, task order, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist the PM in developing budget and operating plans for task orders.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing. Requires the development of written documentation, graphic design, and delivery of oral presentations to all levels including senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Degree in Computer Science or Engineering desired w/ a minimum 10 years of work experience as a technical lead or in a role related to solutions / enterprise architect capacity; network, large scale enterprise systems integration, IT Strategy and Management, IT Transformations, Cloud Architecture and mobility migrations.
- 5 years supporting a National Security community customer or a former service member or government employee from this community.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols.
Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
The candidate must be a US Citizen. This position requires that the successful candidate have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph (#polygraph). Candidates must be willing to adhere to the company's and government's clearance policies.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top