Software Quality Assurance Engineer - (Government Support)
Job Description: Develops and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Develop and defines major and minor characteristics of quality including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determines requisite quality control resources.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Determine the standards for product quality and readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects and report defects to software developers.
- Monitor software problem resolution efforts and successes.
- Document test procedures so they can be replicated and to ensure compliance with standards.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or problemtracking.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Install, maintain, and use software testing programs.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly.
Desired: 8570 Certification
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top