Software Engineer II, Demand Side Platform (Infrastructure Focused)
- New York, NY
At Xandr, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of Log Records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our Real-Time Bidding Engines and Ad Serving Platform. We handle petabytes of data on store at any given moment. This data is used to pace spend accurately, generate models for valuation and drive a plethora of optimization engines.
About the team:
Our Engineering Team builds technology that identifies and processes relevant data to match Buyers and Sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, Engineers partner with our Data Science Team - implementing, testing and deploying probability-based heuristics and high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. We are an energizing community of Engineers that is committed to building dependable products that help drive our Real-Time bidding business.
About the job:
- Research, design, and implement foundational and core software, tools, and frameworks that increase application reliability, monitoring and transparency, and simplicity.
- Build elegant, yet powerful software solutions for processing large amounts of data with low latency requirements at scale.
- Work collaboratively with teammates and cross-functionally with other engineering teams to ensure that our real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree OR MS degree (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in software engineering working with production systems
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Strong object oriented programming experience and proficiency in Java
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
- Experience developing and scaling RESTful web services
- Experience with stream-based passed processing models, distributed streaming platforms like Kafka
- Experience with deploying and managing applications on Kubernetes and working with Docker
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Back to top