Software Engineer 4 (Government)
1) Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
2) Minimum 4 years of work experience.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements;
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components;
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks;
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment;
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes;
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects;
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results;
- Capability Levels. In addition, develops or implements algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards;
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components;
- Writes or reviews software and system documentation;
- Develops software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confers with users or system engineers; analyzes systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigates problem areas;
- Serves as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project;
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design;
- Designs or implements complex database or data repository interfaces/queries;
- Jira or comparable SCRUM/SDLC management software;
- GitHub or comparable version control software;
- Confluence or comparable wiki/collaboration tools;
- MS Project and other management & reporting tools;
- Experience with AWS and scripted infrastructure a plus;
- Ansible, Docker, Chef/Puppet or similar experience a plus
Required Clearance: The candidate must be a US Citizen. Work on this contract will be "Unclassified" through "TS/SCI". TS/SCI (with polygraph) level is desired. Candidates must be clearable and must be willing to adhere to the clearance process.
Desired: Listed under required skills BUT will interview with 50% of skills or more
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top