Software Engineer 3 (Government)
Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
- Twenty (20) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Developing middleware or presentation layer software is a strong requirement
- Minimum 20 years' in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience developing REST services, SOAP
- Minimum of 5 years' experience using Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git
Required Clearance: TS/SCI Poly
- Must be able to take the initiative, tackle implementation tasks, and solve problems with minimal guidance, but still be a "team player", meaning, be able to accept direction and decisions from the Lead SWE and the Lead SE
- Background in SIGINT, Cyber and/or IA
- Experience using Vert.X, SnoarQube a plus
- Experience using ElasticSearch a plus
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology a plus
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top