Software Engineer 1 (Government)
Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 7 + years' experience as a software developer
- 5 + years' direct experience with Java developer
- 1+ years' experience with JEE development
- Experience working on Data-driven business applications written in Java
- Good communications and documentation skills
- Must be comfortable working in either Windows or Linux based environments
- OLTP database (Oracle, MySQL, etc) database experience a plus
- MongoDB experience a plus
- Experience with GWT
- Domain knowledge of the TUSCAN portfolio of capabilities is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting (sh, bash, perl, and other scripting tools/language)
- Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
Required Labor Category Skills:
- Seven (7) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirement.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is REQUIRED
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top