Software Automation Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has a need for a Software Automation Engineer reporting to the Director or New Tech Product Development, working under general supervision.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Hands-on software development, design, coding, and documenting EMS applications
- Build infrastructure for managing configuration and security policy files across 4 networks
- Parameterize to be network independent and managed a single network
- Files will flow to other networks where they are customized and integrated with the appropriate applications
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Piolygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Must have fourteen (14) years of experience that may be a combination of work history and education. A master's degree is equivalent to 6 years of experience, a bachelor's degree is equivalent to 4 years of experience and an associate's degree is equivalent to 2 years of experience.
The degree must be in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Python and Bash scripting
- JAVA or C/C++
- Experience with version control software like GIT or SVN
- Experience with Linux tools
- Ability to interfaced with applications using an API is desired. Experience processing XML files is desired
- Knowledge of Network Engineering, TCP/IP, and the OSI model is highly desired; knowledge of Micro Focus Network Management tools (NNMi, MFNA) is also highly desired
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top