Server Java / J2ee Developer
This role is responsible for end to end development, implementing, architecture and support functions based on project requirements interact closely with the internal stakeholders for business achievements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Produce design architect such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Extensive 5+ experience using J2EE (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JSP, JSF, Struts, Tag Libraries, AJAX), XML, Weblogic , WebServices, Oracle (database modeling), Servlets, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, HTML5.
• Knowledge of J2EE design patterns MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Experience using TogetherJ, Rational Rose or StarUML.
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Starteam, Maven).
• Knowledge using NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra would be a plus.
• Knowledge of mobile device technologies (Android, SQLite, Core Data, Cocoa API, HLS) would be a plus.
• Knowledge of performance improvement techniques through the use of caching technologies (memcached, Terracotta, ehCache)
• Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure
Education and Qualifications:
BE or B.Tech or any other computer science related degree.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top