Senior-System Engineer-Network Cloud and Infrastructure
Senior Sys Public Cloud Infrastructure &Technology Engineer - AT&T
AT&T Public Cloud Solution Architecture & Migration is seeking strong candidates for Senior-System Engineer positions to provide deep technical consultation and solution engineering expertise in support of ATT applications migrating to Cloud Service Providers (such as Azure, AWS, Google Compute Platform, etc.).
Public Cloud Solution Architecture & Migration Team provides technical guidance on connectivity design, refactoring/redesigning application workloads to be cloud native, and properly leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) & Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions offered by CSPs.
The individual will support application teams in their cloud migration efforts and will work to enhance, optimize, and implement cloud native solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost.
- Perform joint assessments to clearly understand current application stack and infrastructure design
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify, compile and analyze data for workload optimization and cloud migration planning
- Provide solution engineering expertise to refactor, redesign applications to cloud native architectures and solution patterns
- Document common patterns and solution best practices
- Deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall Public Cloud Strategy
- Tailor availability design based on business and technical requirements and capabilities of cloud platform
- Design and develop automation to support CI/CD processes, automated environment build, client workflow analysis and adopt IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings to optimize client implementations.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Chef to streamline environment builds
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline or equivalent industry experience in a technical hands-on delivery role
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience to include network, systems administration and / or software engineering
- Applied experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a cloud computing environment such as Azure, AWS, OpenStack, Google Compute or related cloud technology
- At least two years of applied experience in Microsoft Azure and / or AWS
- At least 5 years of building application software, test automation, or infrastructure as code.
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform) and automation tools (Azure Resource Manager Templates, AWS CloudFormation).
- Migration experience moving on premise applications to cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud).
- Experience integrating automated testing and CI/CD
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills.
- Experience with SAFe Agile, Agile Release Trains or strong aptitude to work in agile environment.
- Professional Certification in Network Design (CompTIA, CCNA).
- AWS Certified Associate - SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified Professional - DevOps Engineer.
- Microsoft Certified - Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified -Azure DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with Microservices and related deployment technologies to include Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Armada, HELM and OpsSimple.
- Applied experience with orchestrator and provisioning technologies for container-based platforms including Kubernetes, Docker, Armada, DryDock, and HELM.
- Working knowledge of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) Object Storage include Ceph, OpenStack Swift, Amazon S3, Azure Storage - Block Blob.
- Implementation with Cloud monitoring and logging to include Prometheus, ELK, Logstash well as CSP functionality including Amazon CloudTrail and Azure Monitor Log Analytics.
- Applied cloud load balancing design using NGINX, HAProxy, Incapsula, DigitalOcean or CSP-based technologies including AWS Load Balancing or Azure Load Balancer.
- Connectivity implementation experience including Azure ExpressRoutes and AWS Direct Connect.
- Expertise and proficiency in security implementation best practices using CSP offerings to include Azure Application (ASGs) and Network Security Groups (NSGs), Managed Azure Security, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EC2 Security Groups, AWS Shield, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service and Amazon Macie.
Back to top