Senior-Software Full Stack Engineer
- Dallas, TX
At AT&T, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you'll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2020, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
AT&T Digital Platform Product team is looking for a Lead Engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment
About the Job
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of various initiatives for AT&T's customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You will lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
- Track record of projects completed on time - you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development.
- Provide functional and technical leadership and mentor software engineers.
- Work with other Leads, Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, and Business stakeholders to identify technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
- Writing great quality code with a relentless passion for automated testing and validation.
- Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Implement, maintain and update CICD pipelines
- 8+ years related experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction e-commerce applications
- 6+ years of experience building web applications using Java/J2EE, NodeJs, Spring and REST; Experience with reactjs, NodeJs
- 4+ years of experience in architecture and design of systems using Micro services architecture, knowledge of CassandraDb, Redis
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar
- 2+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Junit, Spock, Mockito/JMock, Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI or Postman
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Mulesoft experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
NodeJs/Java, REST services, NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb), Kafka/MQ/Rabbit, Redis/Hazelcast, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Back to top