Overall Purpose: Responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
KNOWLEDGE Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized expert SME on select ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
COMMUNICATION Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May mentor others in department. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others.
Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Understand API design/development, Web Services design/development (REST, SOA, etc.)
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Proficient in application/software testing (Unit, Integration, System, Case Planning, Design and Execution).
- Understand Change Control Methodology.
- Proficient in Development Methodolgies (AGILE, ITUP, 3D, etc.)
- Knowledge in protocols (network, software).
- Understand Development Tools (Rational Tools, Agile Tools, simulation tools, etc.)
- Proficient in internet technologies/programming (WSDLS, HTML, DHTML, XHML, XML, .NET, Active X, SSL, HTTP, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.).
- Understand operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Understanding of project management process