Senior Wireless Network Engineer (Government)
Have seven years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in wired and wireless computer system/network engineering. Includes two years of specialized experience related to wireless networking in a large scale campus-like environment.
- CWNA Certification (preferred) or equivalent
- BCNE Certification (preferred) or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Ruckus 802.11ac indoor and outdoor Access Points
- Experience with Brocade/Ruckus ICX 7000 series switches
- Strong knowledge of Ruckus Virtual SmartZone Controller (vSZ-H and v-SZ-D)
- Experience configuring and operating Ruckus Cloudpath, SmartCell Insight (SCI) and SPoT
- Experience utilizing (RF) site survey tools such as; Ekahau, RF Scanners and Wireshark packet capture software
- Strong knowledge of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing protocols; including VLANs, 802.1w, OSPF and VRRP.
- Strong knowledge of network security including; 802.1x, MAC Authentication, ACLs, RADIUS and Certificate of Authority (CA)
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting RF and LAN issues
- Working knowledge of LINUX, MS Server 2013, VMware, etc.
- Strong documentation skills including updating JIRA Tickets, Wiki Pages and Network Diagrams
- Ability to communicate with end users, cross-organizational staff and Ruckus TAC
Required Investigation and/or Clearance:
- Must be either a US citizen or a US permanent resident with a minimum of 3 years legal residency in the United States (as required by The Deputy Secretary of Defense DTM 08-006 or its subsequent DoD instruction) and
- Must have or be able to obtain a favorably completed National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or T1 investigation equivalent including an FBI fingerprint check.
Bachelor's degree or higher degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer networking, wireless computer networking, information systems, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline or an applicable technical training certificate from an accredited training institution.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top