Senior Technical Architect
You’re looking for an opportunity to do something really cool, right?
As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Engineering team members can really shine. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
The AT&"amp;T Entertainment Group Architecture and Systems Engineering team is seeking an exceptional and motivated System Architect to support multiple ongoing and future projects.
This position requires strong business system analysis skills, capability to translate business requirements into architectural framework and design, ability to serve as a subject matter expert during development, test and deployment activities, and understanding the long-term technology and design goals.
Key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Review and understand business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into architectural framework and design
- Document and review architectural documents with cross-functional teams
- Facilitate and lead architectural review sessions and technical discussions
- Facilitate and lead in commercial-off-the-shelf product evaluation and selection
- Be a subject matter expert in the assigned functional domain
- Research emerging trends and technologies
- Proactively identify and suggest architectural improvements in as-is Systems
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science), Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Systems Engineer / Architect in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Business Systems Analysis, Requirements Elaboration and high-level architectural design
- Understanding of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
- Leadership qualities, including ability to facilitate technical discussions with diverse and cross-functional groups, time management, people management, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to the target audience to achieve desired results
- Understanding of latest trends and technologies including mobile based applications preferred
- Understanding of security and/or infrastructure would be a significant benefit
- Demonstrated success in working effectively with Program Management, cross-functional teams and senior management
- Experience in Broadcast Television, Video-On-Demand, Pay Per View
- Experience in Web based development and commerce
- Understanding of Internet technologies - network protocol, security, scalability
- Understanding of video encoding, streaming and downloading on Internet
- Understanding of digital rights management
- Understanding of video content management
- Understanding of mobile technologies (mobile phones, tablets)
Back to top