Senior Tax Accountant- Credit and Incentives
- Dallas, TX
At AT&T our amazing people, combined with a culture that thrives on collaboration and creativity, are the foundation that create a great place to work. We empower our people to push the limits of what's possible, driving groundbreaking innovation each and every day. We're redefining the future of entertainment and mobile communications, and we're ready for you to play a big part in that future too.
The Senior Tax Accountant will identify, secure, and defend tax credits and business incentives within various jurisdictions (federal, state, local and foreign) to minimize organizational costs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepares tax credit calculations to support the preparation of AT&T federal and state income taxes.
• Uses strong analytical skills to perform analysis, ensure accurate reporting and compliance, and assess tax opportunities while meeting all required filing deadlines.
• Provides support for simple to moderately complex tax audits.
• Displays a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures while gathering information and preparing supporting documentation.
• Completes other projects as established by department leadership.
•Assists in management of WM production incentives portfolio
Job Contribution: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including using SUM & VLookup functions, formatting, inserting charts, working with Pivot tables and experience manipulating large volumes of data
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with key stakeholders
• Self-starter who takes appropriate initiative to resolve issues and solve problems with minimal supervision
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience: Typically requires 2-3 years of Corporate Tax, Finance or Accounting experience, preferably specific to Tax Credits (statutory) & Business Incentives (negotiated), Economic Development / Site Selection, or other related areas.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred; Masters in Accounting desired. Specialized skills training or certification may be required.
Back to top