Senior Systems Engineer (Government)
- Vienna, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Northstar Team supports our Nation's VVIP leaders and warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations. AT&T has an opening for an Air/Ground Senior Systems Engineer to support the Northstar Program, in providing critical voice and data communications to high profile government customers.
Required RF Experience:
- RF Propagation, electromagnetic wave theory, transmission line selection criteria and antenna design
- Diffraction, diffusion and appropriate multipath model application, including in MIMO architectures
- RF Noise and Link Budget analysis for line-of-sight and satellite systems, including the proper application of noise power and noise temperature
- RF systems design of multi-stage, high powered amplifier systems with both direct conversion and intermediate frequency systems.
- Digital modulation techniques and their proper selection for systems design
- Digital encoding techniques and forward error correction application
- Digital Signal Processing of discrete time systems, including appropriate use of time and frequency domain applications
- Software Defined Radio applications, including Matlab, GnuRadio and hand-coded RF applications
- Effects of RF systems integration on IP networks and services
- Field experience in development and test of complex radio architectures
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays desirable
- Strong programming background with experience in multiple successful application development projects
- Linux application development, including networking and socket-based applications
- Implementation of complex RF-based applications, including implementation modulation, filtering, coding, forward error correction, and data delivery, in C/C++
- Measurement and export of RF KPI's, including RSSI and channel power estimation, waveform sync/loss, Eb/N0 calculation, and BER estimation
- Implementing function and modular tests in one or more software test frameworks
- Experience with RF software systems optimization, including profiling and practical application of SIMD intrinsics.
- Experience with GDB, Valgrind, and static analysis tools to improve software quality, performance and stability.
- Functional knowledge of IP data systems, including addressing, subnetting and routing of IP packets
- Functional knowledge of common IP protocols, including TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL, SIP, etc.
- Functional knowledge if VoIP system requirements as they relate to RF systems
- Basic Linux system administration skills, including use of common shell commands and scripting, installing and removing applications, etc.
- Directly interface with the customers
- Turn-up services, test circuitry, and isolate faults
- Develop operating system updates, test and implement
- Deploy, install, operate, and maintain RF systems supporting government missions within the United States
Active Top Secret (#topsecret)
- Strong communication skills
- A current government issued Top Secret Clearance granted or renewed within the past five (5) years(#topsecret)
- Comprehensive knowledge of radio frequency (RF) characteristics, communications and analog/digital telecommunications
- Familiar with CA Spectrum and Remedy
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 80lbs
- The ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- The ability to work shifts and carry a cell phone while "on-call"
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
15 years in a progressive engineering role that includes design and implementation of complex RF systems with corresponding software development. Candidate must be able to work in a diverse group of subject matter experts, contributing on a broad variety of technical and practical subjects. Masters of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science can be substituted for 5 years' experience.
RF and Software development, testing, Installation, and Maintenance
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top