Senior System Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The team operates and maintains the Cyber-Security for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to protect Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB) Departments and Agencies from Cyber-Security threats.
AT&T has an opening for a System Engineer (Sr Level) to support DHS, to provide FNPS Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Consults on technical implications to other organizations. Leads lower level employees.
- Consults on technical implications to other organizations.
- Leads lower level employees.
- U.S. citizen
- TS clearable to DHS-TS/SCI (#topsecret)
Required Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
Master's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
8 years' experience of applicable progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems.
Certifications desired (any of the following):
RedHat certifications such as RHCSA or RHCE are highly desirable but experience will be considered.
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience
- Netapp and Cisco UCS experience as well as automation technologies.
- Prior DHS Experience
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top