Senior System Administrator - WLAN (Government)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Marine Corps in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks.
AT&T has an opening for Senior System Administrator (WLAN) to support the Quantico, VA NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- Ten plus (10+) years of related experience
- Assists leadership in determining tactical and strategic direction of the organization as it relates to emerging operational support technologies
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends new operational support technologies, tools, and techniques
- Coaches others on the application of new operational support technologies
- Reviews distributed computing and network designs to select appropriate operational support strategies and ensure efficient use of resources
- Conducts system support design and performance evaluation reviews
- Identifies, develops, and updates operational support standards and procedures
- Participates with corporate strategic planning teams
- Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends
- Recommends price/performance improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- Manage and oversee USMC Aruba Wireless (WLAN) solution
- Serve as central POC for WLAN problem escalation and resolution
- Serve as central POC for WLAN upgrade/update/maintenance projects.
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for WLAN Aruba Controllers, AirWave management servers, and ClearPass authentication servers
- Coordinate and participate in enterprise wireless troubleshooting efforts with MCOOG, MITSC, and NetOps
- Track and maintain WLAN related IP addressing and capacity planning.
- Manage WLAN license registration
- Manage WLAN device capacity planning
- Perform WLAN device maintenance
- Assist MCSC and MCCOG with maintaining documentation of WLAN solution
- DoD 8570 Security Requirement: Sec+, CCNA-Security, CISSP, etc.
- Minimum Wireless: ACMA or CWNA
- Preferred: ACMP and/or CWAP/CWSP/CWDP
Back to top