Senior Solution Architect (Government)
We are seeking a Senior Solution Architect to manage the overall technical relationship between the Air Force and AT&T and be responsible for assessing technical, deployment, operational requirements as well as developing detailed designs for complex solutions. Incumbent will be responsible for defining the architecture design of the solution for Air Force client implementations. The Senior Solution Architect may also be engaged in the sales cycle where they will discuss the technical architecture for the proposed solution. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for the inclusion and integration of all applications and services which provide a comprehensive solution for AT&T and to the Client. The Senior Solution Architect's view spans the entire system and all factors, external and internal, that might affect the solution. The overall solution will contain multiple products /services from multiple sources across all involved AT&T Business Units, AT&T Partners, the Client's applications and Client's Third Parties. This Enterprise Solution Architect role will exercise a wide variety of skills and experiences including: technical area(s) subject matter expertise; program management; relationship management: consulting and process improvement/organizational change management, and oral/written communications at both the technical and executive level.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Must be able to articulate the objectives and drivers which define the architecture vision across multiple domains and translate the strategic business, technology, requirements and vision into a design blueprint supporting the implementation of an integrated solution across a variety of domains supporting various technologies.
- Direct the discussion to define the overall technical architecture solution for the client implementation; involves working with various stakeholders to understand the business, technical and other non-functional requirements in activities including but not limited to:
- Develop Infrastructure integration architecture, application integration architecture, data integration architecture, and/or business process architecture for the solution.
- Work through the design of the overall Network, Storage, Security, Replication, and Recovery requirements that affect the program
- Articulate, document and ‘own' the solution architecture. Solution architecture may include understanding the key business process flows, and developing corresponding system process flows down to physical transaction/data flows for a solution.
- Support sales initiatives by driving overall technical architecture design discussion
- Act as consultant as well as provide support during the implementation; such as answering architecture related questions, helping to mitigate risk, resolve issues, review/approve/update with regard to key design changes for augmentation or enhancement of the Solution(s).
- Builds and fosters client relationships and seen as a single point of escalation for solution architecture activities during the implementation. Develops and maintains strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence
- Champion the solution delivery processes and ensure effective utilization of best practices by coaching, providing governance and capturing key learnings to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
During Solution & Capture:
• Lead technical solution strategy throughout the Capture and Proposal lifecycle, from early Qualification through Proposal submission
• Contribute to win strategies and lead the development of technical win themes and solution readiness plans
• Engage current and prospective customers to understand critical needs, socialize and vet solutions, and advise on strategies to shape acquisitions that achieve desired results
• Identify and select the best technical solutions and approaches to meet anticipated or actual acquisition requirements
• Lead solution design and the development of key artifacts including, but not limited to architectural models, process diagrams, concepts of operation, etc.
• Develop unsolicited technical recommendations, collateral and RFI responses to engage prospective customers and position AT&T to win
• Collaborate with AT&T technical service areas and lines of business to identify and bring the best technical and business strategies and solutions to differentiate AT&T
• Contribute to teaming strategies including identifying and vetting potential partners
• Support development of cost strategies, BOEs/BOMs, and associated rationale
During Pre-Proposal & Proposal Response:
• Ensure readiness of solution and proposal support team to prepare a compelling and compliant response to the government solicitation
• Lead development of the Technical volumes and orals presentations for proposals
• Coach and advise more junior solution architecture and proposal support resources
• Ensure integration of technical solution with all sections and volumes of the proposal
• Review proposals and provide critical feedback needed to strengthen our solution and proposals
• Author Technical volume introductions, key sections and orals slides including developing compelling graphics
Problem Solving Ability, Creative Thinking. Behavioral Competences: Persuading & Influencing, Applying Expertise & Technology, Analyzing, Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations.
Minimum experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience - Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field (preferred)
- 10 or more years of experience successfully architecting technical solutions and providing technical leadership on complex capture pursuits and proposals
- 5 or more years of experience delivering IT services in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud Architecture
- Network Architecture and Engineering
- Cyber Security Architecture and Engineering
- Infrastructure Engineering and Operations
- Governance & Enterprise Resource Planning
- Experience with technical leadership and project management
- Ability to successfully lead solution development and technical proposal volumes for large scale ($100M+), highly strategic, and complex deals
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- Ability to motivate teams to perform exceptionally over long stretches of time (during capture) and in challenging situations (during proposal development)
- Ability to effectively engage current and prospective customers to build trust and relationships, clearly communicate solutions and concepts, and influence action
- Ability to write exceptionally and to create compliant and compelling narrative that best presents AT&T's solutions and approaches within the government's requirements and evaluation criteria
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate or develop rich graphic visuals that help to strengthen the AT&T story and clearly and effectively communicate concepts and approaches
Desired: Experience leading one or more DoD/Air Force bids
• Orals leadership and coaching experience
• Basis of Estimate and competitive estimation
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top