Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY
Xandr's mission is to build a better Internet. We develop a technology platform that powers the real-time sale and purchase of Digital Advertising. Our platform is engineered to provide one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled advertising systems in the industry.
Xandr is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Creative team. Creatives (or Digital Ads) are the transactional unit of Online Advertising; they are what the user sees. Being that creatives are a core part of our clients' buying strategies, our products are some of the most heavily used on the platform. We strive to provide intuitive interfaces and optimize our workflows to reduce errors and time to complete tasks.
In this role you will work in a small but highly-effective and agile team comprised of smart, passionate Engineers to bring products from inception to production. We strongly believe that collaboration enables better products, so you will work closely with Product Managers, UX designers, and other engineers to design solutions. As our applications continue to evolve, you will have a significant voice in shaping our best practices and tooling.
About the job:
• Collaborate with Engineers on the team to build intuitive products that address the needs of our customers
• Write code at all levels of the stack, from user interface to SQL query to backend code
• Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
• Mentor more junior engineers on designing robust applications and implementing maintainable code
• Deliver well-tested, maintainable and robust code
About the team:
• We are a diverse group of Software Engineers, Product Managers, Project managers, and Designers
• Our backgrounds are varied, and while some of us have relevant degrees, others went to bootcamps or are self-taught
• While we are all currently working remotely, most of us are based in NYC or Brazil
• We constantly refine our process and strive to do better
• Many of us like puzzles and riddles - you may or may not like them as well - either is OK!
About your experience and skills:
• Minimum 5 (or more) years of experience in a professional software engineering capacity building web applications
• Experience with building scalable web services preferred
• Experience with databases preferred: MySQL, Cassandra
• Experience planning and implementing cross-functional projects, spanning multiple components, that deliver high-quality products on time
• Experience contributing to long-lived enterprise web applications
• Experience mentoring more junior engineers
More about you:
• You are excited about writing concise code with clean and simple interfaces
• You are passionate about learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
Back to top