About the Engineering Quality Team:
The Engineering Quality team architects and develops the automated functional test frameworks used by all Xandr engineers for Medium and Large testing. We design the new components and features that keep our test framework in a state of constant improvement. We also drive the adoption of automated testing discipline within Xandr engineering and collaborate closely with other teams to refine and enhance the process and criteria for creating and executing automated tests. Our job is to enable other teams to test easily, in order to help ensure the quality of the Xandr platform.
Consider some of the problems we tackle every day:
- Developing an automated testing framework to cover Medium & Large scale testing of everything built at Xandr: UIs, APIs, Real-Time Platform, Big Data Ops
- Automating and emulating various components of the Xandr system
- Understanding the full stack of Xandr systems and components in order to implement appropriate automation and validation
- Developing "CI/CD as a service" for various engineering teams across the company
We're looking for an innovative engineer interested in learning about various systems in order to develop flexible, robust and usable test automation systems. As an Engineering Quality Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of improvements made to the automated testing framework, tooling, and pipelines, in order to increase testing adoption across the company. Our current software stack includes NodeJS, PHP, Groovy, Jenkins, and Concourse. Our applications are dockerized, and mostly deployed to Kubernetes.
- 5+ years writing software for production systems (high-level language preferred)
- 2+ years of software test automation development experience, including developing CI/CD
- Proficiency in multiple languages, and proven ability to pick up new languages
- Proven aptitude in systems theory, and the capacity to consider a system's functionality in its entirety
- Strong cross-functional collaboration experience with stakeholders - understanding their needs, and building solutions that solve their problems
- Experience mentoring fellow software engineers