Senior Software Engineer
Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we're doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• Produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions using best practices to architect, design and implement services.
• Collaborate and help junior developers in the development life cycle.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Minimum 8 years' experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
• Knowledge of design patterns (Strategy, Façade, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Experience or exposure to microservices development for large scale enterprise systems
• Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
• Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo DB, Couchbase or Cassandra), JSON, XML as well as caching technologies such as Memcached, Redis or ehCache
• Previous Development Experience with Spring Boot & Spring Cloud
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc...
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Maven, Jenkins).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and Qualifications:
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required
• Understanding, familiarity or prior experience with Over-The-Top video services
• Prior experience with mobile video transcoding, packaging, encryption and video players for iOS/Android/Web
• Knowledge and/or exposure to modern web UI technologies
• Experience with scripting languages and libraries such as jQuery
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top